<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6882031\x26blogName\x3dOut+on+the+Limb\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://outonthelimb.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://outonthelimb.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2912673685016193249', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Out on the Limb

Packed and Stacked

Friday, August 17, 2007

Originally uploaded by sand dragon
I think I've gotten somewhat proficient at packing over the years. It helps to come from a traveling family. This picture was taken at the start of a very long (about 4 months) cross country trip from California, up to Washington State, and eastbound to North Carolina where I intended to stay until October working as a wwoofer at an herb farm.

Things didn't happen as planned. (Do they ever?!) When I get to that part of the story, I will tell all. My return trip to San Diego (aka home) followed a similar, but more northerly route and again included Washington State. The primary difference between going and coming was that I stayed in hotels along the interstate eastbound, but camped and traveled all back roads on my return. Another primary difference between the two cross-country trips was that I invited ex#1 (I'll call him JD from here on) to join me eastbound. (He flew back from Kentucky); but I camped alone going home. My return trip was waaaayyyy more fun!!

I'm now back in San Diego with plenty of photos and stories to share. I kept a journal. Day 1 on the road was Saturday, March 24th, 2007. I'm not the same person now that I was then. Now that I have access to my own computer once again, I hope you enjoy my story as it unfolds in this blog over the next several weeks.

Labels: ,

posted by Deb, 3:13 PM


Add a comment